What is liposuction?
The treatment begins even before the procedure with exercise and special medical-cosmetic products,which prepare the skin and muscles and break down toxins and waste products, which reduces the risk of complications.
Benefits of liposuction
Liposuction is useful if, despite exercise and a healthy diet, certain love handles persist. Typical female problem areas are hips, stomach and thighs (so-called saddlebags). In men, the stubborn love handles are mostly found on the abdomen and hips.
- In problem areas, despite adequate exercise and a healthy diet
- In the case of stubborn fat deposits despite targeted training (e.g., EMS, etc.)
- Weight loss in the "wrong places"
- With saddlebags
- In the therapy of lipedema
- In preparation for an autologous fat treatment: breast enlargement, wrinkle treatment
- For men's breasts (gynecomastia)
- For tightening the neck and chin area
- In combination with a tightening of the tissue for an optimal result
Procedure of liposuction
- The so-called tumescent technique: is the most frequently used procedure in liposuction. A mixture of sterile water, anesthetic, sodium carbonate and cortisone is injected under the skin through the finest cannulas. The fat cells are gently and gently opened. The injected liquid now acts directly on the fatty tissue and ensures that it detaches from the tissue within approx. 30 minutes. Then it can be drained off using the fine cannulas.
- Vibration technology
- Laser lipolysis
- Bodytite: radio frequency waves
- WAL: water jet technology
Procedure of a liposuction:
- Liposuctions are usually performed on an outpatient basis. A detailed counseling and educational discussion with the patient serves as the basis. As part of this conversation, possibilities, limits and risks or individual contraindications are discussed.
- Tumescent anesthesia and sedation: Local anesthetic is injected into the subcutaneous fatty tissue.
- The fatty tissue is suctioned off with the help of the finest cannulas.
- Aftercare therapies: compressions, pain relievers, lymphatic drainage...
Result and aftercare
An immediate mobilization after the operation prevents postoperative swelling and prevents the risk of thrombosis. At the same time, the lymph flow is stimulated. The healing process is accelerated through intensive medical-cosmetic treatments as well as lymph drainage and cold compresses.
After the procedure, the patient will be wearing a special one Compression garments recommended for approx. 6 weeks to optimize the treatment result.
Regular check-ups are very important in these weeks after the procedure. After about 6-7 weeks, 80-90% of the result are usually visible.
The most important facts about liposuction: